Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jehovah Jireh - My Provider








Just wanted to share a nugget/download/revelation that the Lord gave me this morning. In the sermon today, the pastor was talking about some of the names of God. He said that we misuse "Jehovah Jireh" the most often. We use it like a pin number in an ATM machine! When we have BIG needs, we call upon Jehovah Jireh, our Provider! While we know that He will provide for ALL our needs, we must look at the context of this name.

It was originally used by Abraham after the Lord provided the ram in the thicket to be the sacrifice instead of his son, Isaac.... (revelation begins to unfold)!!! We know that the ram is a symbol of Christ, being the sacrifice that God provided for OUR salvation! Therefore, Jehovah Jireh means that the Lord PROVIDES US WITH JESUS!!!!! Whew!! Does that ever change my plea!?!?!

While I know that Jesus is the ANSWER for everything....what a paradigm to starting praying in my time of need to Jehovah Jireh and REMEMBER that while I may not see an immediate provision in my worldly need, He will always give me JESUS!! I should always look for the provision to be MORE of Jesus!!! Wow!! I have totally misused that name!! I Love these times where the Lord speaks so clearly!

So, in closing, I will just say that I do DECLARE, Jehovah Jireh....that God is my Provider of Jesus!! That "my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in CHRIST JESUS!!" Philippians 4:19

Praying that I would APPLY this new revelation to this new journey on the road to health!! More, Jesus, MORE!! :)

1 comment:

Resa Pam Little said...

Thanks. This one is a good reminder!